Recently made a TikTok called: Dear Me, A Letter to My Past Self. What would you tell your past self?Tweet
As I reflect on the incredible journey that has been the. past few months, I can’t help but think about what I would tell my past self.
Here are a few things that I wish I could tell myself that I have learned over the past decade:
- What people have idealized or planned out for your future does not necessarily reflect what your true passions are. Follow the fire in your belly.
- College education is a wonderful asset and can be useful to many people, but it is absolutely not a requirement or measurement for success.
- You can get a college degree and change your whole trajectory after you have worked in that field for years and it’s OK. That is valuable information that will serve you well in your future.
- Every single thing you’ve learned up to this point is meaningful and will help you.
- Like Ross said in FRIENDS, “PIVOT”!
- Have the courage to remove toxic relationships that are not evident of growth, no matter how much it hurts and no matter how guilty outsiders may make you feel
- If you follow your heart and set proper boundaries your dreams will come true!
For more of what I would tell myself, check out the link below my photo for my Tiktok Video.